Thanks to its rapid growth, Telegram has become a popular business platform, a place where you can develop your own business or earn money. Do you use Telegram for your business? If yes, check if you know all the ways to use it.
Today, Telegram is one of the most popular instant messengers, which in the future may well replace its competitors. The constantly updated functionality and capabilities of Telegram contribute to the fact that its audience is growing by about 600 thousand monthly users. The audience of “Telegram” already exceeds 200 million people.
Thanks to its rapid growth, Telegram has become a popular business platform, a place where you can develop your own business or earn money. Bloggers, journalists, companies and the media are actively running their channels on Telegram and promoting their projects. In this article, we will look at how the messenger can be effectively used for business development. And if you want to make money on Telegram, then be sure to read the selection with business ideas .
The advantages of Telegram for business are much greater than any other messenger. The main thing about Telegram (relative to Whatsapp or Viber) is that it provides specific features that can be effectively used by small and medium-sized businesses. Telegram is a useful platform for promoting a business of any kind, which can position its goods and services on the network. But keep in mind that the majority of Telegram users are young people, so the messenger is best suited for companies with a target audience of 20 to 35 years old.
How Telegram differs from other messengers:
- creating chats with a large number of participants;
- cloud storage of information;
- fast delivery of files and messages, transfer of files of any format and size;
- Telegram does not have the classic endless news feed. In telegram channels, the feed is finite, and publications are arranged chronologically;
- the news posting format does not involve commenting and rating content. Channel subscribers can only read the content and repost it;
- expanding functionality with the help of chat bots. So you can add a vote, a poll, or the ability to leave comments on a specific entry on the channel;
- high level of security. The application feature allows you to have confidential conversations, and messages will be deleted after reading by the addressee;
- synchronization with various devices: the user can access Telegram from several devices.
And now let’s take a closer look at the main functionality of Telegram, which allows you to solve urgent business problems.
Telegram allows users to create channels, chats and bots.
- Groups or chats are used for discussions and conversations. Participants are selected from the contact list. They can write messages and send files. Administrators can be selected in settings. A special function is the transformation of a group into a supergroup. It allows you to expand the chat if the number of its participants is more than 200 people.
- The channel allows you to share information unilaterally. Unlike chat, you can’t comment on a post here. Channels can be public or private. Everyone can subscribe to public ones by clicking on the button. But to read private channels, you will need an invitation from an administrator user.
- Bots. But the main feature of Telegram is bots. A bot is a messenger account programmed for certain actions. With their help, they expand the functionality of Telegram. To use this tool, the user finds a chat, enters a request, and gets an instant response. Any third-party developer can create their own “bot”. At the same time, the functions can be different: for example, they can issue a weather forecast, translate a voice message into text and vice versa, convert files, check the spelling of text, etc.
How can you use Telegram for business
It is very easy to integrate Telegram into your business. There are the most standard ways to use it for marketing and sales purposes.
It is very important for any business to form a trusting relationship with the client. If you talk about updating the assortment and current promotions, share news from the life of the company, you can increase the loyalty of the target audience. Thus, a telegram channel acts as an analogue of a page on social networks: people subscribe to it, read news and useful information. You can run your channel on a specific topic that is closely related to your field of activity. This will allow you to reach new users and show your expertise in a niche, which increases customer confidence. In business, chats (groups) can also be effectively used, where participants can communicate with each other. This approach is suitable for areas where all participants are interested in information. The Telegram channel can perform the function of mailing, replacing e-mail or special services. An additional way of communication is technical support. As practice shows, thanks to an additional platform for communication with managers, it is possible to increase the number of orders. Some companies receive up to 10% of orders through Telegram.
You can also use Telegram to send notifications to clients. For example, notify about new promotions, price changes, provide information about the status of an order, etc. This is an opportunity to save the budget, because SMS notifications and calls cost money,
Telegram is an effective platform for the formation of direct and indirect sales. For example, here you can publish product catalogs, special offers, photo and video content that demonstrates the product. All this allows you to make a loyal, interested consumer out of a subscriber. But the effectiveness of this function directly depends on the professionalism of the performers.
3. Business automation
Telegram bots make it easier to administer a Telegram account. The main functions of bots that are most often used by businesses:
- provide technical support;
- advise on issues;
- help in choosing a product / service;
- place orders and notify about the status of their implementation;
- inform about special offers, promotions, new products, etc.;
- warm up customers before buying;
- entertain subscribers.
All this helps in working with clients. But there are bots that provide additional widgets and expand the functionality of the telegram account. For example, a like counter, comments connection, delayed posting, analysis of users on the channel, etc.
Chatbots are configured depending on the actions you need. To create a simple bot, you can use online constructors like Aimylogic, Bot Kits or BotMother. But it is better to entrust the development of a bot with complex functionality to developers. For studios and freelancers, the price varies from 10 to 300 thousand rubles per bot.
4. Building a personal brand
Advertising a company and promoting a personal brand are important components of a marketing strategy. The formation of a personal brand of a leader (manager) is relevant even for a business area that is not profitable to promote through social networks. But through the formation of a competent image of the leader, you can interest customers. Telegram channel can become something like your personal blog.
5. Promote with your own stickers
Stickers are an image move that can be used by companies as part of a long-term brand promotion. The bottom line is that you create your own stickers (analogous to emoticons in Telegram), which can be downloaded and used to communicate in instant messengers.
Stickers and emoji are popular on the Internet – pictures that reflect the mood or thoughts of the user. Given that the main audience in Telegram is young people, original stickers will be actively used. The main thing is to come up with creative pictures that reflect the essence of your brand. To make telegram stickers, you can order them to a designer, and if you own graphic editors, you can do it yourself. To upload stickers to Telegram, use the special Telegram bot @Stickers. With it, you can quickly create your own pack of stickers.
6. Monetization of the telegram channel itself
“Telegram” can be used not only for your business, but also to earn money on the messenger itself. How to do this, read the article “12 ideas for making money on Telegram” . If you have a popular channel that is read by at least 1000 subscribers, then you can earn money by placing ads, as well as promoting your information product.
” Telegram” solves many business problems: from automation of work with clients to promotion and branding. They can take over the functions of processing clients, which is very important in a small business when the audience is growing and the minimum staff cannot cope with the volume. As you can see, Telegram has many useful features that will become an indispensable assistant in any business .
Well, the last argument that will surely convince you to integrate Telegram into your work: most likely, your competitors do not use it. So this is a great chance to get ahead of them!
Questions and answers
💡 What is Telegram?
Today Telegram is one of the popular instant messengers , which in the future may well replace its competitors. The constantly updated functionality and capabilities of Telegram contribute to the fact that its audience is growing by about 600 thousand monthly users. The audience of ” Telegram” already exceeds 200 million people.
Thanks to its rapid growth , Telegram has become a popular business platform, a place where you can develop your own business or earn money. Bloggers, journalists, companies and the media are actively running their channels on Telegram and promoting their projects.
💡 How is Telegram different from other messengers?
The main differences between Telegram and other messengers:
- Creating chats with a large number of participants;
- Cloud storage of information;
- Fast delivery of files and messages, transfer of files of any format and size;
- Telegram does not have the classic “infinitely” news feed. In telegram channels, the feed is finite, and publications are arranged chronologically;
- The format of posting news does not involve commenting and rating content. Channel subscribers can only read the content and repost it;
- Extend functionality with chatbots. So you can add a vote, a poll, or the ability to leave comments on a specific entry on the channel;
- High level of security. The application feature allows you to have confidential conversations, and messages will be deleted after reading by the addressee;
- Synchronization with various devices: the user can access Telegram from several devices.